Bobbly Soft Knots of Texture


KNITTING Vs CROCHET
Are you a knitter or a crocheter, can you do both and which do you prefer? In the past few months I have learnt to crochet and to knit, both were difficult to get the hang of at first but once I had mastered the techniques I soon became addicted. Like learning to ride a bike, I was a little wobbly at first, My Mother in Law and You Tube were like my stabilisers, I was too afraid to continue with out them by my side for fear of the wool falling off the needle or hooking my way into a muddle. 

I'm 'riding' solo now and I love it {until I make a mistake}. 

Both knitting and Crochet have finished textures that I really like, I can't tell you my preference, they are both bobbly, soft and super cozy. I have used the same Rowan Chunky Soft wool in 100g for both my projects, it is really lovely to work with, but a bit costly at £8 something a ball. Luckily Hobby Craft has a 3 for 2 offer on at the moment so I stocked up on my favourite colours.

The Snood
The snood was inspired by the lovely Jo and Kate who's blogs are amongst my favourites and their snood tutorials are super easy to follow, so easy that I have made two, a grey one and a pink one 

Here's how I made mine:

1. Chain 120 and Slip Stitch together to make a continuous loop.

2. For the first row chain up 3 and Treble Stitch {UK} into each chain, continue all the way round until you reach the end.

3. Chain up three and continue to Treble Stitch {UK} 

4. Repeat the process until you have a width that you are happy with. I used two balls of yarn and made it nine rows wide.

5. Double Stitch your final row as recommended by Jo to ensure that both edges look the same.

6. Fasten off and sew in the loose ends. 

The Scarf
My Mother in Law taught me knitting basics last weekend. How to cast on, how to Knit, Perl and how to cast off! I have also learnt to go back and fix a mistake *sort of* 

I am not following a pattern for this scarf, I have cast on 28 and keep knitting each row which I believe is called Garter Stitch. However I have made a mistake somewhere because iv just counted the loops again and I appear to have 32. OOOPS...


So as I look over to my basket of yummy yarn I am torn between two projects that I have on the go, a granny square blanket that will take months to finish or a knitted scarf which needs fixing!!!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Laura :)

Labels: