The Great British Bake Off - At home



The Great British Bake Off is back and already I'm hooked. What more could you ask for in a programme? Off cause each episode is jam-packed with sweet treats and tasty bakes, all of which leave me inspired to test my own baking skills at home. But it is all the little details of The Bake Off Tent that I'm finding myself taking notice of a lot more this year, perhaps because we actually have a proper kitchen now (This time last year I was still cooking on a camping stove on the floor in the dining room! Boy am I glad that phase of the DIY is over - it lasted 18 months!) 

I really love the mint green and pastel yellow colour scheme this year.  Here are my picks to recreate The Bake Off Tent at home in your kitchen! Top of my wishlist would be the mint green Kitchen Aid, I am sure my cakes would be win Mary Berry over every time if I had one! Use chalk paint and wax to give tired cupboard fronts a new lease of life, I love the shade Provence. Add a few wicker baskets and vintage style glassware to give that vintage country feel and mix in a modern twist on the classic mixing bowl in lemon yellow. A star cookie cutter will win you Star Baker prize every time.... And of cause your very own version of The Bake Off tent would not be complete without a wee bit of british bunting hung across your kitchen window.

Labels: , ,