Pressed Flower Candle Inspired By The Hedgerow

















Last week I spent a sunny afternoon picking a few wild flowers from the hedgerow whilst out walking, I brought them home and pressed them using my Laura Ashley flower press.

Between each layer of parchment paper I laid out the petals in different positions in order to get a variety of different shapes before tightening up the butterfly screws and waiting a week before revealing the little gems pressed inside. 

I was thrilled with the result, the wild flowers I chose worked really well. I decided the petals would look lovely arranged on a pillar candle as a gift. 


To create a pressed flower pillar candle you will need:Flowers
Flower Press
Pillar Candle
Tea-light Candle and Matches
Tweezers




1. Start by pressing your flowers a week in advance. I found lots of tiny flowers and petrels are best
2. Melt the wax in the tea-light this wax will bond the petals to the pillar candle
3. Using tweezers carefully dip the petals in the molten wax and place on the pillar candle 
4. Allow the wax to set

Labels: , , ,